September 1, 2010

Greek Salad

About five or so years ago I had my first Greek Salad in a restaurant. I fell instantly in love. It's fairly simple, and I've been recreating the combo ever since.  Greek Salad is all about the zestiness factor - kalamata and green olives and pickled banana peppers are my favorite parts of this salad.

UPDATE 8/8/2011: I turned this dish into a main dish by adding pan-grilled chicken.  I also added marinated artichoke hearts and adapted this dressing.  It turned out super delicious.


Greek Salad

lettuce or baby spinach
tomato
cucumber
red onion
feta cheese, crumbled
kalamata olives
green olives
marinated artichoke hearts
pickled banana peppers
red wine vinegar
olive oil
salt and pepper

For dressing: whisk together red wine vinegar and olive oil (approx. equal parts of each, maybe slightly less vinegar) and salt and pepper.

Assemble salad and toss with dressing.

No comments: