January 2, 2015

Apple Crisp

I have experimented with several different apple crisp recipes over the years, but have not found one I like more than my mom's old stand-by. I was looking for a recipe with a little less sugar, and next time I may try it with 1 cup sugar instead of 1 1/2 cups. My favorite way to serve it is warm drizzled with cream.


Apple Crisp

8 c. sliced tart apples (about 8 medium)
1 1⁄2 c. packed brown sugar or coconut sugar or sucanat
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. oats
1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1⁄2 tsp. ground nutmeg
2/3 c. butter, softened

Heat oven to 375 ̊. Arrange apples in greased 9x13 pan. Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over apples. Bake until topping is golden brown and apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Serve warm with cream or ice cream.

No comments: