January 14, 2011

Spiced Persimmon Shake

Besides trying new dishes like Palak Paneer, I've been adventurous in trying new fruits. I was at a produce market when I spied persimmons. Having never tried one before, I bought two. After searching for some recipes, I settled for this simple shake. It wasn't the best thing I've ever slurped, but it was decent. The spice combination was just right. It was a good introduction to this uncommon fruit.


Spiced Persimmon Shake
Cooking Books

1 completely ripe hachiya persimmon
1/8 teaspoon garam masala
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple syrup
Milk to just cover
Ice, if desired

Cut the persimmon in half and scrape the pulp out of the skin and into the bowl of a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.

No comments: