November 20, 2010

Easy Pork Enchiladas

I love how simple these enchiladas are, yet they are still very tasty.  I have to admit I've not followed the amounts for the ingredients listed in the recipe.  I just add how ever much looks right.  I also have used pork tenderloin, not pork loin.  Tenderloin is less fatty and always very moist. I've used both whole wheat and corn tortillas with success.

UPDATE 1/31/16: I added one can of white kidney beans since my pork loin was on the small side.


Pork Enchiladas
Recipe found on the internet, not sure where

1 pound pork loin, quartered lengthwise and halved crosswise
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
coarse salt
2 tsp. olive oil
2 c. mild green salsa (try making your own)
8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
3/4 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 plum tomato, diced, for garnish
sour cream, for garnish

Dust pork with cumin and oregano and salt.  In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan.  Add pork; cook until browned on all sides and slightly pink in the middle, about 8 minutes.  Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly.  Set skillet aside.

Preheat oven to 450.

Warm tortillas according to package instructions.  Place on work surface.  Evenly divide sliced pork, half the salsa, and half the cheese among the tortillas.  Roll each tortilla into a cylinder; place seam side down in a 9x13 inch baking dish.  Top with salsa and remaining cheese.  Bake until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes.  Serve garnished with tomato and sour cream.

No comments: