November 5, 2010

Buffalo Wings

I never knew the attraction of buffalo wings until my husband introduced them to me. He craves them at times, and I have to admit the cravings get me too now! We don't like them too hot. Frank's Red Hot Sauce (despite the name) really isn't too hot, in my opinion.

Traditional buffalo wings are deep-fried. I've tried several baked versions, but this one is my favorite. Buffalo wings are excellent dunked in bleu cheese dressing.


Spicy Buffalo Wings
from Mangio Da Sola

1.5 to 2 lb chicken drummettes
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
about 1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 c. Frank's Red Hot Sauce
3 Tbsp. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Combine flour, seasoning salt, pepper and granulated garlic in a one-gallon plastic bag.
In a bowl whisk together egg and milk. Put chicken wings in the egg wash first and coat. Transfer the wings to the plastic bag with flour. Seal the bag and shake to coat.

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Lay wings in single layer. Drizzle with canola oil. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Wings should be golden brown and crispy. Prepare the wing sauce while your drummettes are cooking by combining the Red Hot Sauce with the melted butter. Toss the wings in a bowl with the sauce and serve.

2 comments:

Bonnie Steffensen said...

I'm going to try these one day Denae, I love you blog! Keep it up, I love reading it! You are an amazing cook, wish we lived closer, so I could send my family for dinner! Or maybe just me :)

Danielle said...

holy yum! this sounds so good right now. And you are right, you HAVE to have blue cheese with buffalo wings.