November 15, 2010

Apple Pudding Cake with Butter Sauce

At my bridal shower at college thrown by my roommates, all the guests brought a recipe written on a cute recipe card. This was the perfect gift! I still have all the recipe cards from the shower, but this recipe definitely has been made the most.

This cake rocks - it's super easy, super delicious, and super comforting. It really requires very little expertise, and served warm with an amazing sinful sauce and aromatic spices, it's perfect for a cold night.

You'll never have too much of this sauce. But, if you'd like to limit the amount of melted butter, cream and sugar you consume, I've successfully halved the sauce recipe and still felt there was enough to go around.


Apple Pudding Cake with Butter Sauce
from Melissa B

Cake
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. flour
½ tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
2 apples, peeled and grated

Mix all cake ingredients with electric mixer, just until blended. Put in greased 8x8 glass pan. Bake at 350˚ for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

Sauce
½ c. butter
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar
½ c. cream
2 dashes nutmeg

Combine sauce ingredients in saucepan until melted. Serve cake warm with sauce.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Now, why can't you come fix my Thanksgiving...and then do all the after dinner music....

Danielle said...

best dessert EVER. classic.

Debra said...

Funny I think I always double the sauce!! Never enough for me!!

Kim said...

Hey Denae--- it's Kim (Butler)! I found your blog through some roundabout way and LOVE it. I then saw this recipe and had to comment. It really is that good. How are things for you?? I remember back in our Young Women days you were always in the kitchen, so I'm not at all surprised by your blog. It's fabulous, and you always have been a great chef. I remember my mom would always go to your mom's Pampered Chef parties and come home with the coolest gadgets! Anyhow, just had to say hi. I'll tell Melissa hello for you.