March 14, 2013

Roasted Winter Vegetables

This is a super simple recipe, but sometimes that's what I need. Those basic, no-nonsense dishes are what I forget about and sometimes don't even know how to do without some help. These vegetables really hit the spot, for me and the little one.




Roasted Winter Vegetables

3-4 cups assorted vegetables: carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, brussels sprouts
1 onion or red onion
olive oil
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces. Place in a roasting pan. Drizzle with a little olive oil (a tablespoon or so) and a little salt and pepper; toss to coat. Put in oven and roast for 25-35 minutes until vegetables are tender and starting to brown.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I think I've decided every vegetable is awesome roasted!