July 23, 2012

Kohlrabi Apple Slaw

What is kohlrabi? I honestly had no idea before I received some in my CSA. Turns out kohlrabi is like cabbage, only it's solid instead of a bunch of leaves. It would be a nice addition to a plate of cut-up veggies. The farmer sends a weekly email update, often with recipes, which is where I got this one. It was delicious!



Kohlrabi and Apple Slaw
from A Veggie Venture

1/4 cup cream
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon good mustard
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt & pepper to taste
fresh mint, chopped

1 pound fresh kohlrabi, trimmed, peeled, grated
2 apples, peeled, grated

note: aim for equal amounts of kohlrabi and apple

Whisk cream into light pillows. Stir in remaining dressing ingredients, and then the kohlrabi and apple. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I think you should have some photos of Sophia watching you cook. :)