October 24, 2010

Fudgy Brownies

Back in the day I used to buy brownie and cake mixes. I think brownies were the first item I used to make from a mix that I realized I could just as easily make from scratch. This brownie recipe couldn't be easier. You can even mix everything up in the saucepan.

For a more decadent, special occasion brownie, try these.


Fudgy Brownies

½ c. butter
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ½ c. sugar
1 ¼ c. flour
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 c. coarsely chopped nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 350. Grease rectangular 13x9x2 pan. Heat butter and 1 c. of chocolate chips in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted; remove from heat. Stir in sugar, flour, vanilla, baking powder, salt, and eggs until smooth. Stir in remaining chocolate chips. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with nuts.

Bake about 30 minutes or until center is set; cool completely. Cut into bars; store tightly covered at room temperature.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I may try this one....