April 30, 2011

Black Bean, Corn and Goat Cheese Tacos

I was supposed to make pizza one night, but I wasn't able to make the dough the night before, and I was getting home later than usual. So I had to find something else that would work with the week's dwindling ingredients. I had everything to make these scrumptious tacos.

I always have the ability to make corn tortillas due to a bag of instant corn masa flour in my cupboard. It's easy - mix the flour with water, press into tortillas and cook in a hot skillet for a few minutes. The tortillas are never pretty, but they taste great. I bet a tortilla press would help.


Black Bean, Corn and Goat Cheese Tacos
from Family Bites

2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
salt and fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
4 radishes, thinly sliced
8 taco shells, corn tortillas or tortilla chips

Place the olive oil in a skillet set over medium high heat. Add the black beans, corn, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and stir to combine, cooking until the beans and corn are warmed through.

Scoop the mixture into taco shells and top with romaine, radish and goat cheese.

No comments: