July 1, 2010

Banana Ice Cream

I saw an article about using just frozen banana slices to make 'ice cream'. I froze a banana to try it, but then found this recipe. Basically it's the same idea, but with a few added flavors. I made this with vanilla protein powder in place of the malted milk powder and drizzled caramel sauce on top. I loved this and it was soooo fast and easy. I prefer soupy ice cream, but you could throw it in the freezer for a bit to firm it up, if desired.


No Freeze Banana Ice Cream
from thestonesoup.com

2 bananas
3 Tbsp. malted milk powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy cream

Peel your bananas, break into chunks and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for at least 5 hours or up to a couple of months.

When you’re ready for dessert, place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz until smooth and creamy.

Serve immediately.

No comments: