January 29, 2016

Lemon Chicken

I almost forgot about this recipe (this is why I have a recipe blog) until I was searching for incomplete posts.  My mom told me this recipe over the phone, and this is what I jotted down.  I've provided amounts based on my best guess. Chicken dredged in flour is always better than not, and the lemon and garlic provide a simple, classic flavor.

Lemon Chicken
as told to me by my mother

flour
salt and pepper
2 chicken breasts, pounded thin or cut in half to create two thinner pieces
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 tsp. thyme, dried
1 bay leaf
1 lemon, sliced thinly

Dredge chicken in flour, salt and pepper.  Melt butter and olive oil in a hot skillet.  Add chicken and cook until brown on all sides.  Remove chicken from pan.  Add 1 clove garlic, minced.  Sauté for 30 seconds.  Add chicken broth, thyme, and bay leaf.  Return chicken to pan and top with lemon slices. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through.

No comments: