April 24, 2013

Meyer Lemon Curd

Meyer lemon season is nearing an end, and I have a few meyer lemon recipes to share. Meyer lemons have one of my favorite scents. I love lemon scent, but there is something magical about Meyer lemon.

I've been wanting to try a curd recipe for a while. This one was easy and delicious. I mainly ate it with some Meyer lemon crepes that I'll post - simply delightful.



Meyer Lemon Curd
from Craving Chronicles

1/2 cup granulated sugar
zest of 2 Meyer lemons
1/2 cup Meyer lemon juice (about 3-4 large lemons)
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon-sized pieces

Add all ingredients except butter to a saucepan over low heat. Whisk to combine. Add butter. Continue whisking gently but constantly, heating slowly, until curd thickens and reaches 160°F on an instant read thermometer. Remove from heat.

For the smoothest curd, pour through a fine mesh strainer. Transfer to a storage container. Cover and refrigerate overnight before use. Curd keeps up to 1 week in the fridge.

No comments: